NCAA “Get the Word Out”
Thinking of Playing Sports in College?
Northview High School, in conjunction with the Indiana State University NCAA Compliance Office, will provide a seminar explaining NCAA academic standards.
When: March 16 at 7 PM
Where: Northview High School Auditorium
Who: All 8, 9, 10, 11 Student/Athletes & Parents
Only 12 Student/Athletes & Parents playing in college
During the seminar each student athlete will receive:
- An 11” by 17” laminated sheet with the NCAA quick reference guide and suggested supplemental material per the direction of the Indiana State University compliance department.
- The 11” x 17” sheet will be in the format of a college coach’s football “play sheet” in order to grab immediate attention by the student-learner.
- To create a comfortable and unique learning environment during the “Get the Word Out” event.
- To create awareness of academic expectations required for potential NCAA student-athletes.
- To emphasize academic success within each athletic program at Northview High School.
- To inform the community of the academic standards/emphasis required by NCAA student-athletes.
- To provide NCAA Eligibility Center Information to each student-athlete and the families of those participating in high school sports at Northview.
- To provide NCAA Eligibility Center Information to each coach within the Northview High School athletic department.
Northview Coaches will:
- Conduct a 20 question NCAA Eligibility Center Awareness pre-test on or prior to March 15, 2016. The pre-test will be administered by the respective coaches of all 18 teams at Northview. The test will be provided by Indiana State University.
- Conduct a 20 question NCAA Eligibility Center Awareness post-test on or after March 17, but no later than March 23. The Post-test will be administered by the respective coaches of all 18 teams at Northview. The test will be provided by Indiana State University.